Give These Great Quotes About Success a Try
As a public speaker, your job is to present a message that captures your audience’s attention and holds on to it right through to the end. A great, well-placed quote can add humor, intensity, and emotion, and sometimes the best quotes about life are pretty relevant for the business world too.
You can scour the Internet for the best quotes about business and success or you can take a look at the 20 we’ve rounded up here. They’re sure to resonate with you and your listeners:
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” -Thomas Edison
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” -John F. Kennedy
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” -Albert Einstein
- “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” -Unknown
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.” – Babe Ruth
- “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.” -Zig Ziglar
- “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” -B.C. Forbes
- “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.” -Warren Buffet
- “No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” -Unknown
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” -Vince Lombari
- “Accept that some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue.” -Unknown
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston Churchill
- “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” -Stuart Scott
- “What you do today can improve all of your tomorrows.” -Ralph Marston
- “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
- “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.” -Unknown
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Hellen Keller
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” -Ghandi
There are a lot more great quotes about success and life out there. What are your favourites? Post them below in the comments section or join the conversation on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ pages.
5 thoughts on “Need a Great Quote for Public Speaking?”
just used one
These are great! I’ll be using a few for sure.
Some of these are cheesy, but I think this is still a great resource, especially for those who don’t have much experience with presentations.
People love quotes, its a great way to catch the attention of the audience.
Today it is very common for many speakers to start with a quote. They don’t always choose the most adequate quote, but it is interesting.
The collection of quotes in your article seems very useful.